Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fancy a Greek man?

It's been ages since I posted my last blog entry! I know I've been lazy, but come to think of it, there hasn't been anything exciting for me to blog about before this! Anyway, 2 significant events took place during this time lapse.

First, my 2-week vacation to Greece. Yea Greece, the mere mention conjures images of Greek god-like hunks and gorgeous beaches in my mind. Did I see any Greek hunks on this trip? Hardly! Greek guys are, sadly, not as hunky (complete with 6-packs) as we imagine. They're scruffy-looking and not-too-tall like the Italians, infused with exotic Mediterranean wavy hair and skin tone. And the most striking feature of a Greek man is his big, razor-blade-sharp nose.

This, is the Greek god Zeus/Apollo.



A photo of our tour guide Emilios, would have provided the best comparison between a Greek god vs Greek man. Unfortunately, I do not have his photo. A photo of a random Greek restaurant owner/waiter will have to do.....


He looks rather grim, don't you think?

The 2nd significant event would be my 2-year pak-toh anniversary with my darling boy! Yes, our relationship turned 2 when I was in Greece so we did not have the chance to celebrate. The sweet boy came to pick me up at the airport and surprised me with a lovely bouquet of roses! :)


Jetlagged but happy to receive flowers!


More on Greece later!

No comments: