Sunday, November 11, 2007

3 year wait

...is finally over!

Jay Chou is coming to Singapore!! Hoot hoot, phew weet! I caught the dude's concert 3 years ago, must have been his 3rd (?) concert in Singapore and he rocked man. Such charisma, though I'd bet my last dollar that some would object vehemently to this statement!

Since that last concert, I've been waiting...and waiting....and waiting, year after year...after year...The scariest bit was when Sistic started selling the tickets to his 2008 concert last week, it was operation covert and I had zero inkling about it, until the tickets were sold out. How fortunate.

As you can jolly well imagine, I was devastated. 3 years in the waiting and my dream could possible be dashed, just because you punks out there have such quick fingers. But lo and behold, Jay decides to hold a 2nd night concert on his birthday! On that fateful morning when the tickets were launched, on the MRT to work, P and I exchanged vows to book the most expensive tickets as soon as we got to the office. And try we did, but to no avail. The Sistic website refused to load, hung, crawled and basically rejected our valiant efforts at securing the tickets. The Sistic hotline was too darn hot and acting like a real hot line for the first time. Again, I felt dejected and on the verge of crying tears of frustration.

Over the next few days, I tried but Sistic remained uncooperative and continued to prolong my agony. I witnessed (to my horror) the tickets dwindling from "Seats available" to "Limited seats available" to "Single seats available". Mind you, at this point, I was still praying for a miracle to happen and it finally did! On that lucky morning, I managed to secure not 1, not 2, but 3 tickets to Jay Chou's concert on the 18th January 2008. Not the best seats, but I'm not complaining yea?

Chin Yi is thankful that her dream is not about to be shattered yet.

No comments: