Sunday, June 10, 2007

Decadent weekend

My weekend kick-started early on Friday after work, where the usual suspects headed to the PS to catch Ocean's Thirteen, the 2nd sequel to Ocean's Eleven!

I thought 13 was pretty good, much better than 12, but falling slightly short of 11. Perhaps the novelty has worn off, but I must say Danny's guys are still candy for the eyes to behold. Especially Rusty (aka Brad-Arm Pitt) *drools*. My personal favourites, however, were Linus (Matt Damon) and that adorable, innocuous-looking old man (I dunno what his name is, on or off-screen).

The reason why I still love Matt Damon till today.

After the movie, dinner at Thai Express plus chat at Starbucks ensued. What a lovely end to a crappy day at work!

xxx

Woke up early on Saturday morning due to some unforeseen circumstances. Since we were up early, pestered P to go for breakie. So off we went to Great World City for some eggs, toast and laksa. Also went to the supermarket to stock up in anticipation of Sunday's picnic. Of course, we got distracted from our mission and ended up buying a couple of "extras" here and there, which resulted in a hefty bill!

Went to view the showflat for "Trillium", the upcoming condominium development opposite GWC. I was floored, my jaw dropped and I went WOW like a country bumpkin more than once. For a 2-bedroom unit, it was spacious (1400+ square feet)! There was a lovely balcony and what impressed me most was the sunken shower in the master bedroom that resembled a spa. WAHHH! To our amazement, all units have already been snapped up, except for the penthouses. To our further amazement, each 2-bedroom unit costs a cool 2.6+ million. I hereby conclude that Singaporeans are freaking, obscenely RICH.

Went to P's home and spent the rest of the day sleeping. I've never been the type who naps in the afternoon, so this was a real treat for me!

xxx

Woke up early to cook curry chicken for our picnic (Actually, I was just watching P and his Mom cook, I'm too clumsy when it comes to affairs of the kitchen). Kaybo and Weibong came along and we headed down to the Botanic (not Botanics or Botanical, mind you) Gardens, with our barang-barang in tow.

Spent the first half an hour or so looking for the perfect picnic spot. The walking made us real hungry and thirsty, such that as soon as we settled down at our chosen location at Swan Lake (there were 2 sad-looking swans + a duck trying to look like a swan in the lake), we immediately spread out the mini feast, comprising curry chicken and bread/baguette, hotdog cocktail and soba salad, and began chomping on the glorious food.

Despite its vicinity to town, the Botanic Gardens offers an idyllic environment that makes you feel cut-off from the hustle and bustle of urban life. Plus, the greenery was soothing to the eyes and calming for the nerves. We saw owners walking their golden retrievers, family playing frisbee, a man playing his guitar and singing to his partner, a couple lying on the grass etc. For us, time was spent lying on our mats reading, chatting and for one, sleeping.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to snap any pictures as I'd forgotten to charge my camera! Bummer. But there is bound to be a next-time, so look out for that!

No comments: