Friday, November 21, 2008

The Lady reigns

When I was in Japan, I pocketed a lot of the free tea bags from hotel rooms. Typically, that's not my style, but I'm a big tea drinker so when I saw the interesting tea bags, I just couldn't resist.

Recently, I was looking through these tea bags and this one caught my attention.


Everyone's heard of and tasted Earl Grey, I'm sure, but his partner, Lady Earl is quite unheard of. Curious, I steeped the tea bag in hot water and waited. The scent emanating from the tea was very pleasant, it smelled like a milder and fruitier version of Earl Grey. The taste? It was very delicate and fragnant, and it definitely soothed and calmed my spirits (not that I was anywhere near worked up though). I would love to enjoy this tea with a yummy muffin on a breezy afternoon, and armed with a good book.

I wikied Lady Grey and found out that it consists of black tea scented with oil of bergamot, lemon peel and orange peel. That explains why it tasted fruity!

I like to drink the tea hot, as all teas should be drunk, but another favourite variation is to chill the tea and add Haagen Daz vanilla ice cream to it. That's just pure heaven.

No comments: