Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The LV Fan

Shopping with my guy friend, J, was a very interesting experience. First up, J is the biggest and not to mention well informed LV fan I know. He carries an epi leather LV bag that he claims only connoisseurs of LV would recognise. His belt is, you guessed right, of LV descent and it has a flashy LV buckle you won't miss.

This boy got a LV toiletries bag for his birthday and wanted to exchange it for something else. So J, me and 2 other friends trotted into the LV boutique at Takashimaya in search of the worthy replacement(s).

I was so amused with this friend of mine. From the noisy bantering with the salesgirl, loud rejections of certain "piratable" models and proclamations that LV is "recession-proof", he broke down the reserve of the aloof salesgirl and made her laugh.

He finally settled on a LV ring but expressed his genuine concern as to when he would wear it as he's got flashier and more expensive diamond rings in his possession that would beat this palladium one flat. Anyway dear, I wiki-ed palladium and here are certain excerpts that may be of interest to you:

"Palladium, along with platinum, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium form a group of elements referred to as the platinum group metals (PGMs)."

"Palladium is also tarnish resistant, electrically stable and resistant to chemical erosion as well as intense heat."


I love J's honesty and candid outbursts! He is true to himself and doesn't try to be someone whom he's not. He's sincere and would never hesitate to go all out to help his friends (he even helps friends wrap presents if they are hopeless at it and he claims he can do it in one-tenth of their time). He's the eternal optimist. At times, he can be so brutally frank, but never malicious, that it's funny.

As I grow older, I realise that surrounding myself with positive people like J makes me forget my incessant grievances and grouses about life (albeit temporarily) and slows down the "getting-jaded" process. Thank you my friend :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha

I presume i'm Mr J... How come you still bother to log on at that hr and not go to bed for beauty sleep??? Bad gal....

I like being true to myself and to my friends!

Send me ur xmas presents to wrap if required :P

J

Jellbell from Hell said...

You should sign off as J and not anonymous. If you sign off as anonymous, it means you don't want your identity to be known and hence you should not be acknowledging tt u r J :)

Damn tired man...one late night after another!

Anonymous said...

Late nights?
Isn't peak over?

Can't be worse than me?
Got drenched in the rain yday
Caught a cold