Thursday, December 04, 2008

Margarita's

Found a fellow Mexican food lover in Luci! It was the first time us girls hung out together on a weekday in Singapore, I think! Usually, it's lunch at the boring Raffles Place area - at Fion's favourite high-class Killiney.

We headed to the Dempsey area and chose Margarita's, a Mexican restaurant. It's been a while since I've dined at a proper Mexican restaurant. The last time was donkey years ago at this Mexican joint at the Siglap area. Think it was for food tasting with Stef? Anyway, most of the time, I satisfy my penchant for Mexican food with quesadillas from Taco Bell and Dorito nacho chips (yea I know, how sad is that).

We had a tough time deciding what to order as I don't eat lamb, Luci, lamb, pork and mussels and Fion, beef. So we compromised and ordered chicken & shrimp fajitas, pork carnitas and nachos. For drinks, we went alcoholic with sangria.

The food was really good! The nachos were a lil' soft and unlike the crisp Dorito ones but I'm not sure if they're supposed to taste like that. They came heaped with jalapenos, sour cream and cheese and tasted so good! The shrimps and pork were darn tasty but the chicken was tough. And the sangria, ooh it was definitely strong. Luci and I took turns to go red! :)

Ambience was nice, though I would have liked to sit out on the verandah. I'm really keen to go back again and also to try Cafe Iguana that Luci suggested! Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...yes it was a great nite out with great company, great food and great ambience!!! we really have to do it again....so when's Cafe Iguana? hehe...=P