Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Mickey Mouse home

It's been a week since I'd gotten the keys to my new place. The past week has been a really busy one for me, from getting the house administrative hassles settled to the frequent meet-ups with my appointed ID to sourcing for teeny-weeny furniture pieces for my Mickey mouse unit.

The first time I stepped in, I was dismayed that it was so tiny! Frankly, the things people say that you choose not to believe always turn out to be true. I was told that you would always imagine your unit larger than it actually is. I don't know if the size misunderstanding arose from a misleading floor plan or perhaps I just wanted to believe otherwise!

On subsequent visits, I became more accustomed to my miniature pad and excited at the prospect of living here. Though small, the place would make a cosy little nest for 1 or 2, with enough space for entertaining a small bunch of friends occasionally! And on the bright side, cleaning will be so much more manageable! The flip side is that sourcing for furniture is now such a pain - anything nice I managed to find before would look humongous in the apartment! And having sufficient storage for my barang-barang is going to be a huge challenge.

Master bedroom. Frankly, there's only space for a queen bed and nothing more.

My cute little bunny that's been such a dear! As you know, I don't cope well under stress/duress, etc so thank you for being so supportive and tolerant of my 101 nonsensical nonsense!

View from the bedrooms and living area.

Toilet with rain shower.

K & Y chilling out at the bay window in the living room.

The too-big balcony - perfect for that alfresco breakfast on weekends.

Modern kitchen with high-tech appliances.

My first few guests posing at the private lift lobby.

Dad, Mom and VL also popped over on Saturday to lend their eyes to spot defects. They seem as excited as I am! :)

Let's hope things get going soon so that I can move in by my targeted date of 30 November 2009!

1 comment:

Kayie said...

yay! House-warming party followed by X'mas party!