Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spotting the imperfections

I had an appointment with the developer and building management today. Purpose was to go through the list of defects which I'd submitted to them last week. This is a procedure that all home owners have to undertake when they collect their keys - in my case, I was given 7 days to spot and note down any defects. The developers have promised, as far as possible, to make good the defects identified.

My initial response was, "How could a brand new place be defective, in any way?" Well, that idealistic view of mine instantly vanished when I had all the "imperfections" pointed out to me by my ID, parents and friends. Some of these included:

1. Faulty switch
2. Scratches on window pane
3. Poor paint job
etc etc

There were 20 items in my defects list and I expressed my surprise at such a large number. However, according to Wein (my ID), the defects are quite minor compared to what he has seen before. In fact, he uncovered 47 defects for a client once, and they were pretty serious ones! I nearly dropped my jaw in shock! Haha

To my relief, Wein kindly obliged and joined me in the inspection. Seriously, I'm so clueless I probably spotted like 3 defects in total? I even had difficulty describing those tiny faults! How was I supposed to engage in a meaningful conversation with the developer's rep? It was certainly a relief to leave such tasks to the right people.

Anyway, the rectification work will take 14 days, which means that Wein can't start renovating until then. Bummer! Meanwhile, I should continue hunting for furniture but I really don't know where else to look. These are what I haven't found:

- Dining table and chairs
- Small dresser
- Balcony furniture
- Bed for common room
- Various lighting
- Electrical appliances, e.g. fridge, TV, washing machine

At the moment, it looks like I can't move in by 30 Nov. Perhaps 15 Dec? I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be in my new home before Christmas!

And yes...it will be exciting next week when I can finally get to see the 3D mock-ups!

1 comment:

onebowl said...

wah.. loooks like u got alot of stuffs over the weekend? the last i checked it was lights and couch only! soooo exciting!!!!cant wait to go to your furnished house!!!!