Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lynn's Birthday

Lynn, my dear friend, is one of the first in our group to add 1 to her age. Of course, this also means that she's always slightly wiser than the rest of us :) This time, we had a mini celebration at The Secret Garden. Of course, a birthday celebration is the best excuse for a get-together with friends too!



The food at The Secret Garden was pretty decent and prices were reasonable. I had the crayfish and scallop spagetti. It's not the best spag I've tasted, but I'll give it a pass. Desserts were really good, the triple choc cake and hot date (which is a warm, sticky cake with melted toffee) gave us the sugar-high. We left the restaurant feeling happy and merry, tho' if we had realised then that the restaurant had overcharged us on a triple choc, we may not have been so pleased.

Second stop was at Mohd Sultan, where Martin unfortunately discovered a flat tyre.

Three hot (ooohhh!) and sweaty (double ooohhhh!) guys displaying their brain and brawn in the art of changing tyres.

The posing bystanders who were not of much help.

The "V" for Victory sign I coerced out of the tired and frustrated car owner.

After the gruelling tyre-changing exercise, we settled down at Brussels Sprouts, a Belgian bistro/bar, where we indulged ourselves with some fine Belgian beer and needless to say, shameless camwhoring.





We gals got ourselves high with Mc Chouffe, a dark Belgian beer with 8% alcohol content. That's high by my standard, considering that the regular beers like Hoegardden and Heineken contain about 5%. And with a marked deterioration in my alcohol tolerance (hick!), it's no wonder I made my way home looking like a shiny lobster.

1 comment:

Edwin Zhang said...

hey, the Martin you know of here seems to be my army mate. Ask if he's from 54SAB last time... haha.