Friday, March 30, 2007

Little Miss Good

Met a friend for lunch 2 days ago and she said something incomprehensible to me:-

"Your hair looks neater and tamer every time I see you"


"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling slightly affected as I thought she was trying to insinuate that my hair looked flat and thin (major woe for a gal with stick-straight hair).

"It means you're becoming tamer too. Your hair reflects what you are."

Deep stuff huh. According to her, during my party days yonks ago (which I cringe about sometimes), my hair looked pretty wild (and hot, if I may add myself). Ever since I got together with Mr P, my status changed from "wild, party girl" to "little miss good". I dropped clubbing from my list of "To Dos" and preferred hanging out at home with my babe watching pirated DVDs, even if he ends up falling asleep and snoring in the middle of the show all the time. On the few occasions I did club, I found myself not enjoying the moment as much as I used to.

On top of that, my drinking capabilities have diminished to the point of being pitiful! I get high and lobster-red just sipping over a pint of beer. In the past, I was the revered beer guzzler no one could beat! I loved screaming "taaaaaa!!!" and clanging my glass against another, which was a challenge for the holder of the other glass to bottoms up, ala the ah lian way.

Gone are the Fridays spent stumbling around pissed drunk, retching over the toilet bowl in Zouk, chatting up or getting myself chatted up by hot (and maybe some not-so-hot) dudes, embarrassing my friend with the "Hi, are you Allan Wu?" incident, knocking myself out cold on the bathroom tiles at home, etc etc.

Now, I'm just the good gal-next-door chilling out at home in the company of Rachael Yamagata. Her album "Happenstance" rocks, by the way.

1 comment:

Hayden Lak said...

Party gal turned goody 2 shoes... all too familiar. That's what stability brings. Now I've taken over your mantle. Wooo