Sunday, March 11, 2007

My life

aI've been with my new job for a month now. I have to admit that I was pretty overwhelmed by the changes in environment, work scope and new colleagues at the onset. I left office everyday feeling slightly short of breath and anxious about the following day. Expectations of me loomed high, and I strived hard to handle the tasks that were bestowed on me.

Things have improved since then. I am learning a little bit of something everyday. I am getting to know my colleagues and discovering the quirks and eccentricities of my superiors one by one. I knock off on average at 7pm and am almost always in time to catch "The Amazing Race" (Monday), "The Arena" (Tuesday) and "The DanceFloor" (Wednesday). Leaving office early sure took a bit of getting used to. Afterall, I came from a job that provides dinner to its staff as an "incentive" to stay back late. So hey, I'm not complaining here!

Work aside, the situation at my rented home has taken a turn for the worse. My landlord seems to have forgotten our agreement that he shall use the toilet only after I leave the house at 8.30am every morning. Last week, I had a sudden urge that could not wait but as luck would have it, dear landlord was taking a shower. I spent a gruelling 5 minutes jumping around in my room and going green in the face. I bet the question running through your head right now is "why doesn't he use his own attached bathroom?" Good question, my friend, that's what I'll like to find out myself.

He has also started smoking big time in the toilet we share. Such that everytime I enter the toilet after him, my lungs turn ashy from all the 2nd hand smoke I inhale. If I were to contract any smoking-related diseases in future, he will be guilty as charged.

All these unpleasantries really make me wonder if I should renew my lease come April. Or maybe I should re-negotiate the terms and conditions with the landlord again. Or maybe I should just get the hell out of that house. But the hassle of packing, moving and unpacking sure ain't a fun thought. And I'll have to start searching for a new place, and who knows? The new landlord may be 100 times worse than the current one! Why, oh why, do I have to be at the mercy of landlords?!!!!!

On a happier note, go catch "Music & Lyrics" if you're looking for a good laugh. Hugh Grant was hilarious! In fact, I was laughing and snorting so much (and loud) that P was pretty embarrased!

No comments: