Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Big Day

8th January 2009 marked the 2nd time I became a "jiemei" to a good friend who held her customary wedding on that day. There's a hearsay that a single girl should become a "jiemei" not more than 3 times - anything exceeding that just destroys her chances of becoming a bride herself. This means that I only have 1 chance left - Kaybo, that's definitely reserved for you! :)

Personally, I find the Chinese traditional wedding very meaningful. I must admit that I don't understand the whole extent of it, but I found the tea ceremony bit very very touching and some moments almost reduced me to tears.

Anyway, the "jiemei" (me!) doubled up as a photographer as well, and here are some of my favourite shots of the day.

Lots and lots of moolah! This certainly came as a shocker to me, as the groom dispensed with the many "big" angpows with small money and instead presented us with the one and only BIG andpow with a wad of blues in them!

Leaving for the groom's place - my other co-"jiemeis" looking pretty in the morning sun.

At the groom's place...

Having a morning snack of sweet soup and bao. The groom had to feed the bride! That was such an old-fashioned gesture but sweet!

The groom's "brudders"!

Luci playing around with the groom's spanking new G10!

PMP applying lip gloss for the bride before the tea ceremony.

The bride and groom were posing for the professional, but the poses were so cute I had to snap as well!

One of the "brudders" looking pensive...

This picture came out a tad dark, but it's one of my favourites nonetheless! I like the expectant look on the bride's face.

I saw the photos taken by the professional and I must say my photos really pale in comparison! I'm toying with the idea of getting a SLR in 1-2 years' time? Maybe, maybe.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! the hong bao is BIG!!! i should have been a jie mei too

onebowl said...

i have hit the 3 target already lorrr.. tat means i cant be jiemei for kaybo liaoz. :P

Jellbell from Hell said...

Hahaha you try telling her that! after she has appointed you as her wedding planner!

weihua said...

Go Miss Laky !!! Get an SLR soon!!! I am sure with your flair for journalistic shoots and a better camera, you can be a very good photographer.

Side Note: Miss Bowl, good try!

kayie said...

oh yah, what happen to my 2 wedding planners? No updates?

Anonymous said...

wah lau...chin...the last pic of me was taken from bad angle...i look swollen hehe...anyway i posted some on friendster (with comments) of course :P

Anyway thanks once again for helping out on our special day!