Monday, July 13, 2009

30 years later

12 July 2009 marks the 30th year of my existence on planet Earth. Truth be told, I did not feel the least bit excited at the prospect of hitting the big 3. Oh well, until we find a way to stop or reverse time, might as well get used to the idea of growing old.

Had a lovely dinner on Saturday with the family. Though one of my brothers is still not talking to me, I guess I'm starting to get used to the hostility? Anyway, Mom, Dad and little brother more than made up for it :)

Took a trip to the hair salon early morning. Decided on treating myself to a mini makeover - change of hairstyle and hair colour. Let's just say it's to mark the start of my 30s, bleh. Shawn the hair stylist recommended a kawaii look out of Vivi magazine. The new look makes me want to tilt my chin downwards and gaze upwards with wide-eyed wonder to complete the whole cutey pie look.

After a hearty lunch of home-made pizza, slowly trudged my way back to Singapore. Had to endure menstrual cramps throughout the entire journey. Not funny at all :(

xxxx

Once back in the SG home, things took a turn for the better. First of all, surprise surprise from Mr Evil.

Never have I received such a huge, beautiful bouquet of flowers. Thanks YJ, Luci, Stef, HL and the evil boy himself.

Next, P's surprise dinner. He's kept it from me the entire week and it was supposed to remain a surprise until we arrived at the destination but unfortunately, I found out earlier when he had to inform the cabbie where to take us *lol*.


Service at Morton's was impeccable and the food was excellent! The cajun rib eye steak came in such a huge portion we were glad we only ordered one serving to share. Sharing a main is perfectly acceptable at Morton's. They even split the steak into 2 for you! And no one asked if we wanted "still" or "sparkling" water. That's what I really loved about the place. Unpretentious, warm and genuinely good food.

Pretty birthday confetti sprinkled on the table.

Huge ball of warm bread. Our server went to the extent of asking us if we wanted to takeaway what we couldn't finish! At first, we thought he was just joking but when he asked a 2nd time, we reckoned he was serious. (FYI, we didn't la haha.)

Before the main course arrived, P presented me with my bday gift :) What can I say? It's beautiful, bought with love and I heart it!

Bling! Bling!

The helpful staff continuously offering to take photos for us. We didn't even have to ask! Notice me hiding behind P - he naturally lets me move behind him when taking photos so that my face won't take up the whole screen :)

At the end of our meal, the staff of Morton's came forward with a birthday "surprise" for me. You see, it wasn't much of a surprise as they had executed the routine at least 3-4 times before my turn came. So yea, the "surprise" is their much boasted chocolate molten cake (which was every bit as divine as they'd described it to be), on the house, accompanied by a birthday song sung by the entire Morton's troupe. Pretty innovative but it can't be fun for them as they had to do it 6 times tonight.

A little memento from Morton's.


And there ends this special day for me. No birthday wishes this year, but I made a little vow to savour every bit of the next 9 years before I hit the big, depressing 4.

2 comments:

Jason Goh said...

so sweet of P.... Tiffany!!! Where's Morton?

Jellbell from Hell said...

Yeah, sweet!! I like! :)

It's at Mandarin Oriental, 4th floor.