Monday, November 30, 2009

Electricals done

The long weekend was a busy one for me. I went to my house for a spot-check and this was what greeted me when I entered:





Everything's boarded up like mummies whilst the renovation is ongoing. So far, the electrical works are completed, and from Wein's update today, the first coat of paint is up! Am mighty excited/apprehensive and will probably drop by tomorrow to check out the colours!

Sunday was a trip to Vlux at Geylang to purchase lights. I must admit that I was not well-prepared for this at all. Didn't help that Wein informed me on the spot that the master bedroom ceiling is not a false ceiling, hence the downlights I had in mind initially had to be replaced by a ceiling light. Total mind mayhem as I struggled to visualise how the shortlisted lights would look in each part of the house.

Part of me was pressured into buying for fear that this would become a "wasted" trip, plus Wein is getting busier by the day, and it may be difficult to date him to light browse/shop again. Yea, I'm anal when it comes to shopping for the house - I'm only confident after I've done sufficient research, read reviews and experiences shared by others on forums and compared between as many shops as I can! Anyway, I don't think I made BAD choices, just expensive ones. Yeah, the lights busted my budget big time. Ouch.

Now that the electrical matters are sorted out, albeit at a hefty price, the next exciting bit would be for the lights to be installed. Again, apprehension/excitement but I'll save my emotions for later!

No comments: