Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1st day of freedom

Yesterday marked my last day with my firm xxx. It was a busy day for me, running to and fro saying my goodbyes and delivering farewell gifts. People asked if I felt happy, and the answer was an unequivocal yes! On reflection, the past 3.5 years at xxx have been filled with highs and lows, happys and sads, joy and gloom for me. There isn't a single particular reason as to why I'm leaving, but a combination of frustrations and discontentment at various issues that have bugged me over these years. I'm certainly glad to leave of all these behind, and take my well-deserved break!

xoxo

First thing I did last night was to turn off that dreaded alarm clock. Woke up at 11am this morning feeling liberated, perky and looking forward to the day! Not that I had anything in particular to look forward to - my living room was strewn with bags and bags of my belongings from the office. So after a healthy brunch of oats and cheese (bad combination, btw), I set to clearing the mess to restore my living area to its former uncluttered state. I've just accomplished that and feeling really good about myself.

Maybe one day I'll feel bored with having no work to do, or fret about having no pay to spend... but for now, I will savour all the freedom and luxury of time I have, pitter-patter around my new home and eagerly count the days till my holidays come up! Bangkok, Seoul, Stockholm, Reykjavik, London & Paris over 2 months, woot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummmmy

Ms L

YH said...

Savour ! :)