Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2nd BKK trip this year

Bangkok is becoming my favourite place to visit on a recurring basis. Which is rather surprising in my case because I've always held the notion that it makes more sense to go someplace you've never been and experience something different, rather than visit the same place over and over again.

For me, the main draw that Bangkok holds has got to be the excellent Thai hospitality and reasonaly priced shopping, food and massages! It all makes perfect sense - go shopping till you're dead tired, treat yourself to some delicious Thai cuisine and an oil massage to ease out the tension and knots. Guaranteed to also make you sleep like a baby at night.

This time, I went with my old pals - the Vongs and Ms To. We were really lucky to be greeted by sunny, good weather the entire duration, as the weather forecast predicted showers and thunderstorms and there was a danger of the Chao Phraya river overflowing and causing floods in BKK. Thank goodness none of these happened while we were there.

Few pics this time...enjoy!

Us at the tailors.

The skillful teh tarik guy at Chatuchak.

Choco bananas that look kinda grosse.

Nara restaurant @ 8 Thonglor. Love the decor and ambience.

Food however, was just average. The best dishes were the hors d'Ĺ“uvre platter and crackling pork papaya salad.


Somerset Suanplu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooo you make me want to revisit those blogs.. send me again agian

Ms L