Friday, November 24, 2006

Special day gone awry

Every morning, I drag my tired body and unwilling mind to work. Though time hardly stands still when I'm in the office, I am counting down every minute of it, waiting for time-to-go-home to strike.

What happened to my sense of motivation? Truly and honestly, I used to enjoy most aspects of my work. I am certainly not a bum or couch potato who can stay home all day watching drama serials or playing computer games.

I was chatting to a colleague about how ironical things can be on hindsight. For example, when I first joined the company, I truly and sincerely believed that everyone in the office had a kind heart. The percentage of likeable colleagues stood at an all-time high of 95%. At this very moment, it has plunged to an all-time low of 50%.

In particular, I am put-off by so-called friends who gossip about you behind your back. If you people happen to be reading this, you can cut out the pretence now. Feel free to put on that double-headed snake mask of yours as often as you like in front of the bosses, cause some of these creatures are really depraved and screaming for attention, but I don't need you, so get off my back, won't you? If you wanna gossip about me, go ahead, I don't give a shit, but it shows on your ugly, hypocritical face and I know what you did, ok? So don't try to chummy up to me after that, 'coz I'll hate you even more.

Right now, I've never felt lonelier and I regret not accepting my friend's invitation for drinks at the bar. You don't know what a blardee bad week I've had and how long I've waited for today to come so that I can spend the most of tomorrow in the company that I enjoy. You think I'm wallowing in self-pity, but why can't you be there for me when I need you? Why are your friends so important when I could possibly be the one who'll be there for you for the rest of your life?

1 comment:

Kayie said...

Yoohoo!~ There's still me :)