Saturday, November 04, 2006

Missed me?

The week has flown by so quickly...it's quite scary how time has this tendency of catching up with you, no matter how fast or slow you run. It's like your shadow, always tagging along no matter where you go. And paradoxically, the older you get, the faster time runs. I can still remember vividly what I was doing around this time last year, and last year certainly doesn't feel that long ago.

Here's a low-down of my activities for the past week:-

THE GOOD

1. Caught "A Good Year" on Tuesday. I must admit that Russell Crowe, being the male lead, was quite a put-off initially, and I briefly contemplated giving the movie a miss since I got the tickets free. But I must applaud Mr Crowe this time, for he was un-stereotypical in his role and very fun to watch. I might even add that this movie is my favourite for year 2006! It fulfiled my criteria of a good movie: it was simple, witty and classy. The romantic setting in a French vineyard, of course, was a plus point. So if you're in a quandary over what movie to watch this weekend, go catch "A Good Year"!

P/S: I noticed that P drifted off to sleep less this time, which speaks loads for the movie! :)

2. The long awaited musical, Notre Dame! I give it 4.5 stars. The cast was amazing, singing and dancing were top-notch! Bravo! Bravo! The only flaw was the ultra loud music (my ears are still ringing!) and the erratic subtitles which "hanged" or changed too quickly. Also, having to split my attention between the stage and subtitle screen strained my eyes and gave me a slight headache. I vow to brush up on my French so that I can appreciate and understand a French musical without having to rely on the lousy subtitles next time!

THE BAD

1. I hate my job!

2. I hate my job!

3. I hate my job!

You know it's time to move on when your good friend reminds you to buy the Saturday papers tomorrow.


No comments: