Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Service standard in Singapore

Poor, I must say, after this incident that happened to me @ Forever21 in Wisma Atria.

Rude Salesgirl ("RS"): (knocks on fitting room door)
Me ("ME"): Yes?
RS: Did you get a number tag?
ME: Yes.
RS: Please hang it outside.

(As I was in the midst of changing and had only 1 item left to try, I decided to ignore RS' order. I was almost done putting on my own clothes when......)

RS: (hammers on door)
ME: (opens door and walks out, slightly irritated) Yes?
RS: Please hang the tag outside the door in future.
ME: (blood starts to boil) If you had wanted that tag outside, you should have informed me right from the start.
RS: But I knocked on your door!
ME: (smoking at the ears) Yes, and I was changing! (turns to leave)
RS: Whatever!
ME: (loud mutter) Bitch!

After hurling an insult at her, I was all ready to leave the store and never come back. But I also wondered why I had to suffer such bad service when I was the paying customer. Isn't customer always king? Appalled by RS' attitude and rudeness, I requested to speak to the supervisor and related the story to her. She, being a matronly and kindly lady, apologized and chided RS, telling her that the job of hanging the tag on the door is hers, not the customer's. Feeling slightly appeased, I decided to drop the matter.

Trust me, I'm not proud that I lost my cool. But faced with a rude salesgirl like RS, anyone would be fuming mad! Why can't our sales people be warm and friendly like in the US? That would make shopping a whole lot more pleasurable!

No comments: