Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Pirates!

Having exhausted all the CDs from Season 1 of The L Word and dangling from suspense whether Bette was going to be a cruel bitch and run off with that gay carpenter, I had had had to get my hands on Season 2!

So of course, I headed to my favourite shopping centre (with P in tow), dead intent to get what I seeked. Lo and behold, we realised to my dismay that every DVD shop in the complex was closed! Bummer, it was only 7pm! Asking around, we learnt that there was a police raid minutes ago, which explained the lack of activity. But surely one tiny, self-sufficient shop remained unscathed!

After 10 minutes of frantic search, we got lucky! Though the goods were not displayed in the shop, the owner, sensing our interest, took us to the hideout via the dark stairwell. Mind you, I had never suspected that the untenanted shops with poster-plastered doors in the back of the building were the secret location of the stash! Unfortunately, they did not have what I wanted and I had to leave with my head hung low.

Feeling slightly depressed, and not to mention desperate, we continued roaming the complex. This time, a couple of idle men, like pimps, had seated themselves outside the still-closed shops. As P and I walked past, one of them murmured "Any DVDs for you, boss?". I recognised this man as one Captain Jack Sparrow of DVDLand. He had impressed me once with his astounding knowledge of DVDs and eloquent speech, which had spurred my bro to empty his pockets in that shop!

The Captain messaged his crew on a walkie talkie and got an immediate response. Yay, the DVD was available but could we walk around and come back in a couple of minutes, his man will bring it down for us.

So we walked, and when we returned 3 minutes later, he signalled us over into a quiet corner. I was entertaining funny thoughts when he unbuttoned and reached his hand into his shirt, all the while glancing furtively around, but out pulled the loot. I quickly paid for my merchandise, with a little bargaining of course, and left in a flurry.

What a sneaky experience! Hahahahaha

1 comment:

Hayden Lak said...

Sounds fun wor. Wish I was there