Saturday, May 19, 2007

GSS - Time to empty your wallets!

I am so screwed! With The Great Singapore Sale ("GSS") round the corner, all hopes of saving money are dashed! Boohoo!

I used to be obsessively compulsive when it came to shopping in the past. Every weekend, I would without fail hit the malls and fill my hands with pretty paper carriers. The euphoria I derived from making my way home laden with new clothes and shoes was fulfiling to say the least.

After making a big investment 2 years ago, I told myself that I really needed to save. So I tried to refrain from going out. I rationalised the following formula:-

staying home = no shops = cannot spend = savings = richer girl

However, staying home proved to be counter-productive for instead of physical shopping, I developed an addiction for online shopping. Bummer!

I give up! Life's too short to deprive ourselves of things that we like. And we deserve to be shopping! Afterall, we work so hard at our sucky jobs from Mondays to Fridays (or Saturdays for some). So it's perfectly alright to treat ourselves to a little something (or a few of those little somethings heee....).

Like what my bro said, it's not worth thinking too hard about whether you should get that RM100 pair of pants or not. How much damage can an inexpensive and innocent pair of pants do anyway?

No comments: