Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Someone release the angst in me!!!

What a horrible day at work! Got told off twice by the same person (let's call him XXX) in the same day over some work that I did not deliver early enough. First time was through e-mail. I calmly rationalised why XXX was so hopping mad and dropped an e-mail back to explain myself (+ apologize...geez) nicely. But that obviously wasn't enough, because XXX summoned me into his untidy chambers to tick me off a second time in person.

I was told LOUDLY in my face that:-

(a) I should have done XXX and YYY, eventhough I had already acknowledged this in my e-mail reply.

(b) The work I produced was not based on the discussion we had (i.e. I am stupid and do not take instructions well). *Swallows* This death sentence was reduced when XXX, after going through my work, said "On hindsight, what you did was pretty good to go".

(On hindsight...BAH...I scorn at his grudging admission that there was nothing wrong with my work.)

(c) I don't need any experience to do a certain job (i.e. any idiot can do the same thing, at a cheaper charge-out rate).

Oh well, little incidents like that remind me that shit happens. And I'm that tiny fly stuck smack in the middle of the mess.

No comments: