Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Khmer Experience

I've been delinquent. Got back from Cambodia last Friday but I've yet to upload any photos, much less blog about the trip!! Arrghhh!

The trip provided the much needed reprieve from work. In fact, it was so good that I briefly contemplated handing in my resignation letter the moment I got back. Unfortunately, that is not something that I can afford to do at this point. I mean, look, if I didn't have a job, how else could I finance these glorious trips? Money don't grow on trees, you know. At least not on mine.

I've had people quizzing me about the holiday choice. Why Cambodia? (Errr, why not?) What's there to do in Cambodia? (What's there to do in Singapore?) Are there still landmines littered about? (I guess so, but I'm hoping I'm not so suay) Isn't it dangerous? (Yes, there are robbers lurking in every corner waiting for the chance to mug an innocent tourist)

Cast your misconceptions aside, boys and girls. Siem Reap is a simple and humble town with lots of rustic appeal. It reminded me a little of the rural parts of Malaysia - devoid of skyscrapers, swanky cars and high-tech infrastructure.



More to come on what to do, see, eat and play in Siem Reap! :)

1 comment:

s p a c e d o n u t said...

yea, i got the same response too! why cambodia of all places?

Angkor WHAT?!?!?!