Monday, March 15, 2010

Welcome to the family!

My little family of furniture is not so little anymore! Here are the new additions!

The vintage GE fan that J, Lu and I painstakingly lugged back from BKK to SG. Only to realise, to my chagrin, that one part of the fan was missing. Dad went through the trouble to source for the missing part in remote factories in JB but still the fan could not be assembled due to a "missing" allen key. This "missing" piece was taped to the fan head from the start but I didn't notice it until the fan was fixed up. Anyway, better late than never and ain't it pretty!

The original Artek dining table and upholstered chairs that had to be shipped in all the way from Sweden are now sitting prettily in my house. They are a true embodiment of Scandinavian chic, in my opinion. And best of all, they are all pint sized and fit nicely into my Mickey mouse home.


I got this repro bedside table from Lorgans, for use as a side coffee table in my living room. Initially, I was worried that it would not fit in with the rest of my furniture which were mostly of lighter wood colour. Lorgan the shop owner assured me that if I didn't like it, he could do it up in all-white instead. My worries were unfounded as it proved to be such a delightful little piece that stands out amongst its whiter siblings! And I love love love its graceful pencil legs!

A new woody waste basket.

This is my old yellow bin. It has been with me for as long as I can remember. It has been the source of many cackles and laughs (due to the story associated with it). I can't bear to part with it so it's still in my living room, but eventually, if I can't think of a better use for it, it'll have to go. Sob!

3 comments:

weihua said...

Wa so many new friends. Looks so nice 
oh u can't discard your trusty yellow friendit went thru thick n thin with u. Hohohoho!

Jellbell from Hell said...

Maybe I can gift it to my friends the Vongs?? ;)

weihua said...

Ahhhhh nooooooo!!! 