Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Photoshop and me

I had a sudden interest to explore my Photoshop (PS) application, which had been installed in my laptop eons ago but hardly used. I must admit that I was daunted, as the entire programme, with its many functions and tools, looked way too complicated. However, something prompted me to take up this challenge, and boy am I enjoying the learning process. Being the tech dummy that I am, my learning curve is an extremely steep one, but I'm thankful for the millions of tutorials out there which have certainly made my life easier.

These are some of my works so far.

Fiddling with the liquify function allowed me to make my face and nose sharper, remove wrinkles around the neck and erase all zit marks on my face. If you look close enough, even the mole near my right armpit is gone! I'm not terribly pleased with the results, as the changes are hardly noticeable and my face and features seem disproportionate. Instead of a round face, I now have a horse face?!

Another example of my friend K. For me, the main point is to enhance the features of a person rather than transform his/her look totally. As commenting on a friend is a sensitive issue, I'll leave you to figure out the "enhancements" made.

I gave the picture of Pik, Guak and me an overprocessed look, just like what a lomo cam would produce. I kinda like the effects! :)

More to come!

No comments: