Thursday, August 19, 2010

The time has come

After months and months of thinking, pondering, considering, contemplating, I have done it! Yes that's right. I handed over that sacred letter this morning.

The only feeling that washed over me after the deed was done was RELIEF. It felt like a load had been lifted off my weary back and my heart no longer felt heavy. Was it the right choice? I can't even answer this question anymore - all that reasoning and "thinking through things" have blurred the lines, clouded my judgement and confounded me. At the end of the day, I was guided by my heart and not my head - it felt good so the decision must be a right one.

The whole process of handing over that letter was surreal. I could not control my thoughts, lost all sense of reasoning and everything seemed to just happen, like in a dream. Now that the events of the day have sunk in, I am feeling cheery and uncharacteristically optimistic. Life is good, afterall!

2 months - let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

steph :) said...

good for you hunny! time for celebratory lunch! :)