Saturday, December 09, 2006

3rd time lucky

Annual D&D at Swissotel hotel last Thursday. Lo and behold, guess who walked away with a prize for the lucky draw again? Yeah, it's none other than moi :)

Call it coincidence, but I've been really lucky. My 6th D&D, my 3rd prize...it's been 1 every alternate year. I've been bragging to all my colleagues that this is my year to win again, and it would have been truly embarrassing if I didn't. Unfortunately, the prize I won was nothing to brag about - 4 Shaw movie tickets....a downgrade from the Enzer mini hi-fi I won in 2004, and the LG vacuum cleaner I won in 2002. But useful nonetheless, wouldn't you say?

The theme this year was "Red carpet". I was pretty impressed that some of my colleagues went through great lengths to have their make-up and hair professionally done, and most came decked in their best! Pictures to come later!!

Oh, did I mention that the filet mignon I was stuffing myself with at Mortons prior to the D&D killed my appetite for dinner? But they were so succulent and yummy! I wanna go back to try the chocolate martini soon!

No comments: