Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Bad Trip

I was rushing down to Sushi Tei @ Taka after work on Friday to meet the gals. To escape the madding crowd, I exited from the train station and walked from the Wisma taxi stand to Taka, picking up pace so that the gals would not be kept waiting too long.

Being the multi-tasker that every Singaporean is conditioned to be, I was busy reading and sending SMSes as I strode purposefully towards my destination. So absorbed was I that I did not notice a black chain in my path that sent me, my skirt and handphone flying! My mind blacked out momentarily and the next thing I knew, I was sprawled on all fours in the middle of the road, not just any road, but ORCHARD ROAD! The fall left me feeling stunned and my initial instinct was to cry, as my nervous system picked up the signals from the fresh scrapes, cuts and bruises. But with an Indian man standing behind me plus a busload of people staring at me from the other side of the road, I was more intent on picking myself up and looking unfazzled by the fall. Of course, with messy hair and a raw and bloody knee, who was I kidding?

No comments: