Friday, December 15, 2006

Freak show

When I saw this picture, I stared at it for a good 10 minutes. What the hell is it? And don't you be a smart aleck and say "But you took this picture!", 'coz I didn't! Initially, I thought it was just a regular bird-next-door, but why would anyone take a picture of a plain jane? And the realization struck me: it's a WHITE CROW!

Everyone knows I am terrified of crows, regardless of colour, though I can't imagine anyone taking a blue crow seriously. If you didn't, time for you to sit up and listen. 'Coz these birds are smart. I once saw this Japanese programme of a crow dropping a walnut onto the zebra crossing so that the cars can run over and crack open the nut. When the pedestrian light turned green and the cars stopped, this conniving bird flew down and pecked its way through the broken pieces. Is that smart or what? Man, I was horror-struck!

I've always been scared of birds, but the ultimatum came when I was attacked by a black crow 3-4 years ago. AND I DID NOT PROVOKE THAT DARN BIRD! I ran all the way home while that bird hovered over me and swooped down to peck my head as and when its fancy was tickled. By the time I got home, I was a nervous wreck! Of course, I swore vengeance against crows and gave AVA a friendly call to invite them down to my neighbourhood for a shoot-out session.

Anyway, I digress. Here's another freak picture I found. Looks like my friend's fat cat Punch split into two....hmmmm. I hope that cat is a stuffed one and not alive and jumping around in the glass box. Looks pretty real, huh?

1 comment:

Kayie said...

Hello this is DEFINITELY NOT PUNCH!