Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ironies

IRONY 1 : The new, swanky office




Looks darn cool, right? Did I mention that we have a karaoke room and a pool table? Alrite, stop drooling with envy, 'coz despite the cool amenities, I still think our office sucks. 'Coz they gave me a FREAKING LOUSY seat in the office. It's right outside the photocopy room and next to a door. So I get the hear the photocopier warm-up every morning and the shredder ravage pieces of paper fed into it. And rude, noisy people banging around looking for paper or see the photocopier room as a nice, cosy place to chit-chat and giggle.

And if that's not enough disturbances, the movers and workers hammer on my door constantly. Excuse me, I'm not your personal butler but the noise affects me badly, so out of the goodness of my heart I open the door for you and leave it ajar 'coz I know you have a job to do. But instead of gratitude, these people reward me by singing in the corridor outside at the top of their voices. And mind you, they don't exactly sound like nightingales! Hey misters, the karaoke room is just downstairs, so why don't you bring your melodious voices there instead?!?!?!

I haven't gotten past a day since I moved to the new office without a splitting headache. My partner has "kindly" offered to relocate me but gave me 2 less-than-pleasant alternatives (I shall not elaborate on this one, ask me if you really want to know).

So I chose to remain where I am.

IRONY 2 : View from my office

On the right.....

On the left.....


xxxxx

On a happier note, I caught Charlotte's Web on Friday and enjoyed it tremendously. It was a sweet and touching portrayal of friendship between a pink pig and an ugly-looking spider. It reduced my guy friend to tears, so it must be good, ya?

Christmas is finally here!! 2nd Christmas with Mr. P and still counting! :)

No comments: