Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Illusionist

Inspired by The Prestige and somewhat disappointed with Perfume, P and I decided to satisfy our movie craving with The Illusionist.

It wasn't hard for me to decide on this one, actually, as I've always been partial to Edward Norton. I admire him for his quiet strength, intelligent mind and great acting capabilities. I've watched him in American History X, Fight Club, Frida and 25th hour, and his performance has always been spectacular.

The Illusionist was no exception. The show had me gaping in awe and amazement, and I give it 2 thumbs up! However, if you're expecting it to be like The Prestige, you may be a tad let down, as it didn't possess the action, excitement and thrill that was inherent in The Prestige. But if you're an admirer of Mr Norton just as I am, you would find the plot and mystery in The Illusionist possibly more intruguing and unpredictable.

Rated: 4.5/5

P/S: After watching The Illusionist, Perfume seemed over-rated and not deserving of 3.5/5. I have reduced the rating to 3/5. Boo!!!

No comments: