Sunday, January 14, 2007

Interpretation of a dream

Recently, I dreamt that 4 of my teeth fell out.

I told P and Lynn that the dream was likely to be a reflection of my current situation as I've been plagued with a toothache for quite a while. And possibly a sign that a visit to the dentist is due. P thinks that the dream came about after I witnessed on TV a tooth visibly being knocked out flying from a footballer's mouth after he was elbowed by another player. Lynn, being a firm believer in the spiritual, urged me to read the interpretation of my dream online. So I did, and here are some interesting excerpts I found from http://www.dreammoods.com:-

"One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you."

"Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety."

"The loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard."

"You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion."

"In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth."

"According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies."

"It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money."

The one about menopausal women sure made me laugh. I really hope the last bit about $$$ comes true! And I'm not greedy, I'll be happy if the tooth fairy pays me 1 grand for each tooth! :o)

1 comment:

s p a c e d o n u t said...

1 grand per tooth?

Thats 4 grand for you ol'dame!!!

Woohoo!!!