Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mundane days

Boring the days have been! I've not been doing much except work, work and work. It's strange how nothing else seems to happen when you're working. No rude salesgirls to make your blood boil or nasty incidents to bitch about. Took a reprieve over the weekend by paying my good friend Zara a visit. Donated my entire savings to help build her empire. Can't believe that I'm helping her get richer at my own expense.

The new office still sucks. You would have thought they would have gotten their act together by now and rectified the hundred and one faults and flaws. Why were there so many to begin with anyway?! Offhand, I can already identify a couple:-
  • Leaky floor pipes. The workers had to remove the floor tiles to blow dry the dampness on Monday. Did I mention the pipes are located right next to where I'm sitting. Yea, I'm still outside the darn photocopy room.
  • A corrider still horribly littered with discarded boxes.
  • Overhead cabinets built directly above the sink. Imagine having to stoop over to fit your head under the cabinet and risking a neck sprain or getting your painstakingly gelled hair all messed up. Or having an unnaturally erect posture whilst you wash your cup. Definitely designed by a shortie for shorties!
  • Vacuum cleaning during office hours.
  • Fire alarm that goes off at least once a week, halting all lift services and creating unnecessary alarm! (Haha. You will not believe this, but nobody ever budges when the fire alarm goes off. I'm serious.)
In less than 2 weeks, I will no longer be part of this mayhem. Trust me, I will not miss my lousy seat! P thinks that my seat is not fit for even the lowest ranking employee in the office. What does that make me?

No comments: