Monday, June 02, 2008

The cows fight back

On Friday night, P and I had dinner at Prego. I ordered a prawn-crab gnocchi and he had a steak, medium done. Of course, I could not resist and stole chunks of his steak as well. The same night, my scalp, hands, legs and body itched like nobody's business and it kept me awake the entire night. I had THE RASHES again. Blimey!

Saw a doctor the next day, who could not pin down the real cause. A possibility was food allergy. Immediately, I concluded that the prawn-crab combo turned the rashes on! I took some medicine and the rash went away the same day, hoorah!

That night, Mom and Dad said since I can't have seafood, we'll have Japanese food instead. We ordered the sukiyaki, a Japanese steamboat with thinly sliced beef simmered in a pot of sweet-tasting soup. Needless to say, I feasted on the beef and slurped up all of the soup! Lo and behold, the rashes decided to visit again after my very satisfying meal, and this time it attacked my face, thighs, the back of my knees etc. I spent the whole night tossing, turning and scratching myself raw.

I'm trying not to form too many conclusions here, so you shouldn't either. But inevitably, the images of some of my favourite food have popped at random into my mind, and though the list is by no means exhaustive, they include:

- Sukiyaki (Japanese)
- Jack Daniel's steak (Western)
- Shepherd's pie (Mom's very own)
- Spaghetti bolognaise (Italian)
- Pho (Vietnamese)
- Beef noodles dry (Chinese)

Startling isn't it? The cows are out for revenge I'm sure.

No comments: