Monday, June 30, 2008

The trial facial that left me broke...

Had a voucher to try out a facial or massage at the Wellness Village spa. So last Friday, since I was on half day leave, I headed to the branch at Marina Square for a facial.

A sweet and smiley girl named Bernice attended to me. Bernice inspected my skin and briefly told me what she was going to do. To be honest, I wasn't really listening...she can do whatever she deems fit, since she's the expert in this field.

First up, my face was cleansed twice. The spa uses only Decleor and Carita products from France, which smelled really really good and was very calming on the skin. After cleansing, my face was massaged with essential oils. This was the most pleasurable part of the treatment for me, as the warmth from Bernice's hands and the gentle kneading on my face made me drift off to zzz land. Following that, I was given what I call the zap-zap treatment. An equipment emitting what I think are small jolts of electricity was used to zap up the pimples I had. Supposedly, this kills off the bacteria and the cursed pimpled will dry up within a few days!

The last step was a very cold, and I mean freezing cold, mask applied on my face, as well as a thermal eye mask. The sensation was unbelievable...my face was shivering but my eyes emanated a warmth that was so comforting! It was like hugging a hot water bottle on a cold cold day! Marvellous! At the end of the facial session, I felt so relaxed and pampered!

The spa focuses on improving circulation and the health of our face so that the toxins in our face can be eliminated from within. The spa does not believe in extraction methods as they damage the skin and leave scars. The reason is because when an extraction is done, it leaves a hole in your face and what happens? More dirt gets trapped in that hole and it's a never ending process. I found their explanation logical as I've had pimples popping out at the same spot over and over again, and I could never really understand why!

Of course, what comes with trial sessions is endless coaxing to sign up for a package. But because I had such a great facial, I succumbed to that temptation! So now I have 20 facial sessions, complete with eye treatment, that could last me for the next 2 years. Great thing is that these facial sessions can be converted into massage cum body scrub/foot reflexology/body wrap, etc! The consultant, who is of Indonesian descent, couldn't stop raving about the Indonesian body massage, and she swears that this is the secret to her beautiful body! (And she really does have a flat tummy and sexy curves for a mommy of 2!).

The spa has branches in Pan Pacific hotel, Pagoda street (Chinatown) and Marina Square. My spa sessions are transferable, so anyone who's interested to try out the facial or massage at a discounted price, let me know! :)

1 comment:

onebowl said...

ahahah welcome to the sucker club! sounds like a darn good facial.. would love to try it out at a frenship price?? :P

how much for the whole package anyway?