Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mr Antagonistic strikes (again)

Me: What's the employer CPF contribution rate?
Mr A: 14.5%.
Me: OK.
Mr A (being super informative): It was 20%, 10%, 13% then 14.5%.
Me (in broken English): Don't have 10% la.
Mr A (slightly agitated): That's where you're wrong. You want to bet?
Me: Nope.
Mr A (tauntingly): You don't want to bet because you have no confidence in what you said.
Mr A: (sends me the URL of the CPF relevant webpage.)
Mr A (intent on picking up a fight): I am a Singaporean and I've been around for a long time. You are only a PR and you dare challenge me?
Me (cautiously): You don't have to be so antagonistic.
Mr A: That's because you dunno what you are talking about yet you made it sound like I'm wrong by saying "don't have LA" (note key word: "la"). That's what made me pissed.
Me: Don't be so sensitive la. I use "la" all the time.

(silence)

Mr A: Hello you there? Don't like that hor, otherwise I won't sametime you next time.
Me (resignedly): I should be telling you this.
Mr A: Oh ya hor. Haha.
Me (vulgarities at the tip of my tongue): OK got to go for lunch. Bye!
Mr A: Bye Bye! Talk to you later!

Note to readers: This was a conversation that took place via Sametime, office equivalent of MSN. The exact wording may not have been used (unlike some, I don't memorise lines and jump at the chance to spit it back into people's face to prove them wrong) and where required, I have tweaked mine/Mr A's dialogue to preserve the gist of the conversation.

Yea, wording is very important as the same Mr A has in the past accused me of distorting something he said, after which he proceeded to bombard my handphone with cruel messages such as "You have the guts to talk behind my back but no guts to pick up my call" etc etc...you get the drift.

MR A, YOU LISTEN HERE! I SAY WHATEVER I WANT ON MY BLOG AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY, YOU CAN KISS MY ASS! @%#^!*@&#^%$@^&$&$*@*@!

I'm king on my blog but such a coward in real life...bah! PEACE OUT!

No comments: