Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Answer to a Good Night Sleep?

Snowdown, Microfibre Pillow

P bought a pillow on Friday, and that boy was raving about how deeply and soundly he slept on Friday night. I can attest to that, he slept a 12-hour marathon, had lunch and went straight back to sleep away most of our precious Saturday. To be honest, I was jealous. Sleeping is, to me, a prized commodity. I would steal to experience divine, uninterrupted sleep. And so I did! That pillow was mine for Saturday night and I refused to share! *keke*

Did it work for me? I guess it did, though not as effectively as for P. I slept a full 8 hours without waking up in-between. So inspired was I that this might be the answer to all my sleepy woes that I rushed down to Tangs today to get the same pillow! The pillow's really nice...it's soft, light, fluffy and doesn't flatten when you lie on it, unlike the goosedown pillows I've been using. Let's hope it works tonight, and every other nights to come.

Watched La Vie En Rose, a movie on Edith Piaf, the legendary French singer in the 20th century. It was poignant, heart wrenching and very tragic. The music was beautiful and strongly emoted the hardship and pain Edith endured as a child, teen and adult. Read about Edith Piaf here. A little excerpt which may be of interest to my friends as this was the missing link which left us all confused during the movie.

She was about 16 years old when she fell in love with a delivery boy, Louis Dupont. At 17 she had her only child, a little girl named Marcelle, who died at the age of two of meningitis. Like her own mother before her, Edith found it difficult to care for a child while living a life of the streets, so she would often leave Marcelle alone while she was away, and Dupont took the child to raise himself before Marcelle's death months later.

And the following excerpt that shows I was the only one really paying attention to the movie *haha*


Edith's next boyfriend was a pimp by the name of Albert who took a commission from the money she made singing in exchange that he would not force her into life as a prostitute; one of her friends, a meek girl named Nadia, killed herself when faced with the thought of becoming a prostitute and Albert nearly shot Edith when she broke things off in reaction to Nadia's death.


Also treated myself to a new CD.



The Feeling, a new English band that plays pop/rock songs. The songs all have a "feel-good" factor about them! :)

No comments: