Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to me - Part 3

Spent the entire day with darling P! First, he made me go soppy with a card (yea I know, I am so easy to please...). Then, he surprised me with a bday present, when I wasn't even expecting one (I swear!). And best of all, he painstakingly lined up a whole itinerary aimed to relax and pamper me! :)

We are happy and running late for our spa appointment!

Our destination - Spa Sauvignon, a redwine-themed spa sanctuary on No. 71, Bussorah Street (opposite Hotel Parkroyal and the Concourse).

This is where we had our massage (separately of course!)

Sipping on red wine after our treatment.

The masseur was really quite something. She skillfully kneaded and eased all the knots in me till my whole body went limp. Though it hurt quite badly at times, the whole experience was so deep and penetrating that I felt myself drifting off to zzz land.

After the movie, we rushed down to Lido to catch the premier of Harry Potter - Order of the Phoenix.

Verdict? So-so. The movie itself was bearable, though Harry, Ron & Herminone looked overgrown. I thought Ron looked pretty goofy and cute though *giggle* And what's up with Harry and his tight-fit tees? What irked me most were the unruly, juvenile and undisciplined school kids in the same theatre. At the start of the movie, some of them, presumably belonging to a Harry Potter fan club, screamed "We love Harry Potter!!!!" Oh man, this is not some concert where you can scream your heads off can! Throughout the movie, these kids kept walking around, scrunching plastic bags and generally creating a din in the cinema. The girl next to P kept lighting up our area with her handphone and some idiot behind me was kicking my chair intermittently. It was horrible and P never wants to watch a movie at Lido again!

The white, faceless and not very photogenic guy on the right of Sirius is none other than the incredible Dumbledore!

No comments: