Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pasta buddy - Bday Part 2

Dinner treat from CX, the Italian Mama and my Pasta Buddy. We were contemplating Russian food, but as usual, we could not resist the temptation of hot, savoury and tasty pasta! In fact, we used to frequent "Pasta Fresca" when it was still around at Shaw Centre. When our regular haunt closed down, we were devastated. CX somehow had the power to curse any stall/restaurant/cafe she frequents *kidding*

We decided to give "Spageddies" a shot, since we couldn't remember the last time we ate here!
Shining (i.e. oily) happy faces!

The Tomato Tri-colour Fusilli with breaded prawns that I ordered.
It was mediocre.

Watch CX struggle with the cream fetucinni with grilled chicken.
She got sick of it after 3 mouthfuls?

Despite the lacklustre food (and stomachache for me), we were still smiling!

Earlier in the afternoon, something really funny happened. One of the partner's secretary was carrying a huge box of cake and I had a fleeting thought that MAYBE that cake was for me! Haha, yes you can say in the most disgusted voice you can muster, "Dream On!" The cake was actually for my partner, the biggest shot in the office. While they were singing the bday song, I happily substituted her name with mine......

No comments: