Thursday, October 19, 2006

The name game

Final instalment of Part 2 of my French course. Am really loving the learning! :) And my classmates are awesome, all immensely real and pleasant. Of course, I'm not denying that there are a few oddballs here and there, but let's not be mean here. At the beginning, I had a little difficulty grasping all their names, and had to resort to nicknames, all affectionately bestowed:-
  • "Sister" - Just the kind I would like to have. Kind, caring and possessing maternal tendencies;
  • "Fu (4) gui (4) puo (2)" - Translated, this means prosperous lady. Laughs heartily and definitely enjoying the finer things in life, this lady;
  • "The non-chinese" - No offence here, we named her that only because she's the only eurasian / non-chinese in our class...no discrimation intended!;
  • "Teacher" - A petite, effervescent (read: talkative) girl who's actually a GP (wow!) teacher. Incredibly knowledgeable and cycles to school; and
  • "The late comer" : Joined our class late, perpetually comes to class late and absented herself today *shakes head in disapproval*
Incredibly, X knew exactly who I was referring to when I made references to them! I wonder what they nicknamed X and I. The twins / sisters / buddies? The hotties? The weirdos? Freaky duo?

P/S: I managed to pass my French written test (see entry on "French fries, anyone?"). In fact, I more than passed, I got a 16/20! P was real disgusted that I was complaining so much....hehe.

No comments: