Friday, April 27, 2007

/end

An excerpt of the conversation I had today with XX, a colleague who joined the company the same time I did. Before you proceed, "family care" is defined as one of the following:-
  • Leave you take to care for your family (duh)
  • An excuse for fakers who are too lazy to get a MC
  • Annual leave in disguise
xxx

XX: Hey, have you taken family care leave before?
Me: Yep!
XX: Did you have to submit a MC or anything at all?
Me: Nope!
XX: Do you know whether our family care leave is prorated?
Me: I dunno, I'm not HR. Why don't you call them to check?
XX: (presumably pissed) You just have to tell me you don't know, there's no need to say you're not HR.
Me: It's just that you've been asking me so many admin questions, but we joined the same time, so I'm actually just as clueless as you are.
XX: Anyway, next time I won't ask you anything.
XX: /end
Me: (Feeling bad) Hey sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
XX: I said /end
Me: Okay okay /end

xxx

Admittedly, I was in a pretty foul mood and he chose the wrong time to talk to me but hey, at least I bothered to apologize okay? And this /end thing? It was reminiscent of the childish quarrels I used to have in my P-school days. My friends and I would hurl abuse like "You are stupid, full stop!" just to get the last word in. HAHAHAHA

1 comment:

Hayden Lak said...

what a wuss...