Friday, April 13, 2007

A play to brighten up your day!

It's been a while since I caught a play. The last play I caught, I believe, was The Dresser, starring none other than the man himself - Mr Adrian Pang. Can't for the life of me recall who I watched this with...CX was it you? As always, Mr Adrian Pang was a star! I've tried to watch as many plays as I can with him in it, The Odd Couple, A Twist of Fate etc. And he never ceases to entertain with his wit and clever acting :) But watch out Mr Pang, your roles are getting just a tad stereotypical!

Sadly, our local productions all cannot make it one. We talk about taking our best i.e. Forbidden City abroad and making it a world-class musical. Kudos to Kit Chan, she made us proud, but the songs she was singing? They all sounded like Dick Lee's Life Story from yonks ago. And Hossan with his yin-yang friend was so not-funny! Pretty disappointing musical and far from being world-class!

I'm catching Blithe Spirit on Sunday and I'm apprehensive that it may turn out to be another Boeing Boeing! or worse, Private Parts. Man, PP has got to be the most over-rated play in the world. We shelled out our hard-earned money just to watch that cutie (wait, wait...not that bimbo in her short skirt k?) Timothy Nga look boring. Come on, boys and girls, the guy is hot la!

But here's an excerpt of what he said in an interview with MIW:-

Qualities of ideal partner

As for looks, I'll be honest here. 'Beauty is a necessity'. I would not apologise for that as I would want to wake up every morning and go 'wow' and not 'urgh!' (laughs)

Would you say this in an interview and have it published, even if you meant every single word? *Rolls eyes*

No comments: